Meatball(kofta) Curry in a jiffy


Hi Y'all, every now and then I like to try the southern twist in food and everything. The sudden interest started when one of my friend suggested that I am getting southern living here in Georgia. Now what that means is I am getting FAT. Anyways, life is short .....my philosophy is simple " Enjoy life, Enjoy each thing , Live and let Live peacefully". Some simple pleasures while cooking and enjoying them with your friends and family.......

Here is a simple meatball curry. Now meatball can be made at home "Shammi" style or any style of your choice. I am just sharing the simple curry recipe here. I have used the TJ's turkey meatballs. I always keep vegan or turkey meatballs at home. Those are quick protein addition to any recipe which requires koftas.

Ingredients:
1 tbsp fried onions
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
1/2 corriander powder
1 tsp chopped cilantro
1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste

Grind these ingredients together to make a smooth paste.

1/2 tsp paprika for color
chili powder as per taste
salt as per taste
1 tbsp thick yogurt(reduce the amount to 1/3 if using sour cream)
one bay leaf
2 cloves
pinch or two of garam masala of your choice(I use punjabi garam masala)
Jeera and oil for tadka

3-4 meatballs as per requirement.

Heat oil in kadhai and add Jeera, bay leaf and cloves. Saute for a second and add the smooth paste. Saute the mixture till it leaves oil, it should take a minute or two. Add the thick yogurt now and mix it properly with the mixture. Add paprika, chili powder, garam masala, salt. Pour in water to adjust the consistency of curry. Let the curry boil and add the meatballs. Serve with rice or chapati.

Any koftas can be used for this curry.

Comments

  1. The meat ball curry we make is an elaborate procedure. This sounds like and easy option. Should try it next time around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please try it Cilantro and let me know, if you like it.............

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts