weekend breakfast

Breakfast are a great deal in our home especially on weekends as we tend to make it as brunch on most days. Mr. N and Miss. R start their day with nice hot cup of ginger chai and if mood permits end up in kitchen with me to fix that day's meal.

One of the breakfast that I usually serve is boiled eggs with toast and hash. In my view, it is a well balanced plate covering most of the food groups. Being a finicky eater that she is, I am happy even if Miss. R finishes half of her plate.

I am posting the very easy recipe of hash here. Toast and boiled egg are self-explanatory.

This is also my entry to the "Show me your Breakfast" event hosted by Divya's Dil se.



Ingredients:

1 tbsp olive oil
2 medium boiled potatoes
1 small onion
1 green bell pepper
1 cup of fresh spinach
1 small zucchini
few floweretes of broccoli
1 small grated carrot
2 tsp of hot sauce

Basically any blend of veggies can go in and the proportions are totally upto us. In my opinion, potatoes, onion and bell pepper are the basic building block of this dish. Roughly, I make one part of potato to 2 parts of veggies, to load up some nutrition.

Heat a large skillet with olive oil. Put all the veggies and cook them partially on high heat. When the veggies are half cooked , mix cubed boiled potatoes and dress it up with salt and hot sauce. Be careful with hot sauce, when kids are having it. I usually dress the veggie mix with some ketchup for Miss.R.

With a tummy full, enjoy your weekend!!!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts