Adios to summer with pasta salad...........


I am a statistical person, most say, I abide by statistics. I took a quiz the other day and found out I am **% lazy. Major speculations are not entertained in this regard here, but one may say that I enjoy my free time.

Salads are one of the most filling foods put together in few minutes. With less clean-up, and lot of sunshine outside, I can enjoy the summer[reading, roaming]all the more with this easy meal.

Ingredients:
2 cups pasta(rotini/penne, any small kind)
2tbsp olive oil
1 garlic
1 roasted red bell pepper(chopped)
10-15 chili stuffed olives
1/4 cup chopped artichokes
8 ounces of frozen spinach
few floweretes of broccoli
1/2 red onion(sliced)
salt as per taste
1/2 tsp parsley(dried or fresh)

Cook the pasta as per instructions on package. In meantime heat a small griddle to high temperature. Put a tbsp of olive oil, garlic, broccoli, spinach and saute for few seconds till they are partially cooked. Season these veggies with salt as per taste and let it cool.

When the pasta is cooked, let it cool for couple of minutes. To assemble the salad, mix together the spinach+broccoli, chopped artichokes, olives, onion, red bell pepper and pasta. Add some olive oil and parsley and toss it together.

Voila!!Enjoy the summer with burst of colors and health.........

Comments

Popular Posts