Mango black bean salsa


Mr.N is super fanatic with fruits, I am quite the opposite. I am good with my 5 servings a month. I know, I know, it is important to practice what you preach. Fortunately for me, miss. R follows up after her father and enjoys most of her fruits. I try to include recipes with fruits to get some fruits in my diet and more fruits for them.
Now Mango salsa with it's burst of flavours can be used as a condiment or summer salad. I usually serve it with grilled jerk chicken, fish, roasted vegetables.

Ingredients:

1 sliced Mango(firm)
1 can of black bean
1/2 red bell pepper(finely chopped)
1 small green chilli(finely chopped)
1/2 small red onion(finely chopped)
1/2 juice of lemon/lime
Coarse salt as per taste
finely chopped cilantro
1 tsp olive oil

Just mix all the ingredients together. It can be assembled beforehand minus the salt and just before serving add the salt so the salsa does not get too soggy.

Mango can be substituted by pineapple , avocado or grilled corn. Black bean can be substituted by kidney bean or chick peas.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts