Apple Risotto



This recipe, which I am sure I saw it in one of the food network shows, but I have adapted it to our taste and did some modifications to add up some more nutritional value. I hope your little one enjoys it as much as my little one enjoys it.

1 granny smith apple(grated)
1 cup rice (any kind)
1/4 cup yellow moong dal
1 tsp flaxseed meal
8 ounces apple juice(kid's juice box)
a pinch of salt
1 tsp butter

Melt butter in a small pan. Saute grated apple, rice and dal mixture in the butter. Add flaxseed meal, apple juice, salt . Water or more juice can be added to adjust the consistency of risotto as per your choice.

If time permits, dal and rice can be toasted lightly to make it easier for digestion for kids. Elaichi/saffron can be added to make the risotto fragrant.

Comments

Popular Posts